Culturally speaking: culture, communication and politeness theory, second edition
Spencer-Oatey, Helen, 1952-, ed. (2008) Culturally speaking: culture, communication and politeness theory, second edition. London, U.K. / New York, NY, U.S.A.: Continuum International Publishing Group, pp. 258-273. ISBN 9780826493101Full text not available from this repository.
Official URL: http://www.continuumbooks.com/Books/detail.aspx?Re...
This comprehensive introduction to intercultural pragmatics examines the theoretical, methodological and practical issues in the analysis of talk across cultures.
The book includes:
* introduction to the key issues in culture and communication
* examination of cross-cultural and intercultural communication
* empirical case studies from a variety of languages, including German, Greek, Japanese and Chinese
* practical chapters on pragmatics research, recording and analysing data, and projects in intercultural pragmatics
* exercises at the end of each chapter
* glossary of terms
This second edition of Culturally Speaking will be an essential guide for undergraduate and postgraduate students interested in communication across cultures.
|Subjects:||B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
H Social Sciences > HM Sociology
P Language and Literature > P Philology. Linguistics
|Divisions:||Faculty of Social Sciences > Centre for Applied Linguistics|
|Publisher:||Continuum International Publishing Group|
|Place of Publication:||London, U.K. / New York, NY, U.S.A.|
|Book Title:||Culturally Speaking Second Edition; Culture, Communication and Politeness Theory|
|Editor:||Spencer-Oatey, Helen, 1952-|
|Official Date:||24 June 2008|
|Number of Pages:||384|
|Page Range:||pp. 258-273|
|Status:||Not Peer Reviewed|
|Access rights to Published version:||Restricted or Subscription Access|
Actions (login required)