An evaluation of the west Surrey telemedicine monitoring project
UNSPECIFIED (2003) An evaluation of the west Surrey telemedicine monitoring project. In: 10th International Conference on Telemedicine and Telecare, LONDON, ENGLAND, JAN 29-30, 2003. Published in: JOURNAL OF TELEMEDICINE AND TELECARE, 9 (Suppl. 1). S39-S41.Full text not available from this repository.
We conducted a three-month pilot study of a home monitoring service for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Fifty-five patients were recruited. They transmitted physiological data to a monitoring centre once a day. During the period of the study, 36 escalations were reported to have occurred. Of these, 29 (81%) were managed at home; the other 7 (19%) resulted in acute admission after emergency telephone calls. Although only a small number of patients were involved for a relatively short period of time, there was evidence of a substantial (approximately 50%) decrease in rates of hospital admission. The service was highly acceptable to the patients.
|Item Type:||Conference Item (UNSPECIFIED)|
|Subjects:||H Social Sciences > HV Social pathology. Social and public welfare|
|Journal or Publication Title:||JOURNAL OF TELEMEDICINE AND TELECARE|
|Publisher:||ROYAL SOC MEDICINE PRESS LTD|
|Number of Pages:||3|
|Title of Event:||10th International Conference on Telemedicine and Telecare|
|Location of Event:||LONDON, ENGLAND|
|Date(s) of Event:||JAN 29-30, 2003|
Actions (login required)
Downloads per month over past year